SEARCH BOX

Translate

Insurance! UK house prices grow at slowest rate in five years

;


Insurance! UK house prices grow at slowest rate in five years...

House prices in the UK have grown at their slowest rate in five years this month, with London remaining the weakest market as stretched household finances and continued economic uncertainty kept buyers away.
Insurance! UK house prices grow at slowest rate in five years

The growth in the price of houses slowed to 2% this month, down from 2.4% in May according to Nationwide’s monthly house price tracker. That represents the lowest rate of growth since June 2013 – when house prices rose by 1.9%.

Beautiful Sugar momma Ruth is in her late 30s, she needs a man not older than 45


According to Nationwide, the average price of a house is now £215,444, and they predict that the housing market is likely to remain subdued over the next few months. Nationwide’s chief economist, Robert Gardner, said:
“There are few signs of an imminent change. Surveyors continue to report subdued levels of new buyer inquiries, while the supply of properties on the market remains more of a trickle than a torrent.
“Subdued economic activity and ongoing pressure on household budgets is likely to continue to exert a modest drag on housing market activity and house price growth this year, though borrowing costs are likely to remain low.”
While growth is slowing throughout the UK, London remains the weakest spot in the UK’s housing market – being the only region where house prices actually fell in the second quarter of 2018. The capital is still far and away the most expensive place in the UK to buy property, with the average price of a house coming in at £468,845.
Weak wage growth and tougher mortgage criteria are among the reasons cited for London’s housing market being hit harder that other regions. Another reason is the higher rate of stamp duty on second homes that was introduced in April 2016 – a rule that applies to more property sales in London than anywhere else.
The region with the strongest growth in house prices was the East Midlands, where average prices increased by 4.4% to £181,549. In Wales, house prices went up by 4% to £153,964 in the second quarter of the year.
Robert Gardner said that the longer term prospects for the housing market depend on economic conditions, in particularly the level of interest rates. This month, the Bank of England maintained the rates at 0.5% but suggested that they would be opening to increase them in August – a move that would push up borrowing costs for many homeowners.
Extrapolating the data over the whole of 2018, Nationwide predict that house prices will rise by around 1% this year – down from 2.7% across 2017.




10 comments:

  1. Anonymous19:53

    If you would like to take a good deal from this paragraph
    then you have to apply these strategies to your won weblog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi......Iam herer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous05:56

    Greetings from Colorado! I'm bored to tears
    at work so I decided to check out your site on my iphone during lunch
    break. I love the info you provide here and can't wait to
    take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my mobile
    .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous04:36

    I believe everything typed made a ton of sense.
    But, consider this, what if you were to create a awesome headline?
    I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your website,
    but what if you added a headline to maybe get a person's
    attention? I mean "Insurance! UK house prices grow at slowest rate in five years"
    is a little vanilla. You could glance at Yahoo's home page and watch how
    they create article titles to grab people to
    open the links. You might try adding a video or a related picture or two to get people
    excited about everything've written. In my opinion, it
    could bring your posts a little livelier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous08:45

    Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting
    to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice procedures and we
    are looking to trade strategies with other folks,
    be sure to shoot me an email if interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous18:51

    Excellent, what a web site it is! This website gives valuable information to
    us, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous03:45

    Hi there I am so glad I found your website, I
    really found you by error, while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless I am here now and would
    just like to say cheers for a fantastic post and a all
    round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time
    I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome b.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous22:52

    Hey! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing many
    months of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:45

    I couldn't refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous03:19

    Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web site
    daily, this website is genuinely good and the people are in fact sharing good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts